For the Fall 2017 College Soccer Season, the NCAA Men’s and Women’s Soccer Rules Committee and Playing Rules Oversight Panel approved the following changes:
• Rule 8.2 re: the kickoff,
• Rule(s) 9.1, 9.3.2, & 17.2 re: the ball clearly moving at restarts, and
• Rule(s) 12.5.5, 12.5.6, & new 12.5.7 re: DOGSO.
These changes were made in order to better align the NCAA Soccer Rules with the FIFA Laws of the Game and to make the verbiage consistent with the LOTG.
National Intercollegiate Soccer Officials Association (NISOA)
You can reinforce your knowledge of the College Rules by studying the Flashcards above from Flashcard Machine. These study Flashcards are not a product of the NCAA or NISOA. If you have a question about a particular answer provided, consult your 2016-2017 NCAA Soccer Rules Book.
Rules Books are published every other year. The 94 page 2016 and 2017 NCAA Soccer Rules Book cover is shown to the right. A downloadable PDF file version of the Rules Book together with other key resources needed by referees who will be officiating NISOA matches for the 2017 Fall Season are located in Box in a NISOA folder. The information there includes:
• NCAA Soccer Rules Book
• Rules Changes / Interpretations
• MISOA and GIC-NISOA Rules Meeting Information / Handouts
• Video Review on New DOGSO Carding
• Comparative Study of Rules and Laws
• 4th Official Guide / Match Form
• Overviews of Diagonal and Dual Systems of Control
• Assistant Referee Refresher
Visit the NISOA Website and the NISOA Central Hub in Arbiter for additional information to be posted throughout the College Season.